Tuesday, May 31, 2005

A LETTER FROM VICTORIA CHANG

Well, what a pleasant surprise today... an e-mail from Victoria Chang, in response to the posts below. I asked for -- and got -- permission from her to publish it here... so here it is.

Brian,

This is Victoria Chang. AD Thomas pointed me out to your blog posting about my book and I just wanted to drop you a quick note to tell you I really appreciate your careful analysis of my book, in particular your constructive criticism of the weaker poems. I too struggled with the exact poems (and many more) within the book, as they are such old poems, but ultimately decided they were central to the book's arc (I still agree with you, however :-) and that's why I never read those poems during readings! Anyway, thanks again for purchasing the book, reading it, and giving it your attention.

Hope you're doing well in Canada!

Victoria

1 comment:

A. D. said...

Such a small world. :)