Monday, June 09, 2008

Robin Blaser

A nice interview with Robin Blaser here on the CBC. I like what he says about language being a great tradition that greets you with every encounter: all you have to do as a poet -- and reader -- is answer the invitation. (Something like that -- I'm transcribing from my almost illegible scrawl.)

He won the Griffin the other day (for a book by a Canadian poet) for his collected, "The Holy Forest". John Ashbery won the international award. (Nothing succeeds like success, as they say.)

True to form, I've made a comment with links to actual poems & readings that they posted today. As I've said, they should have such links at the foot of the article itself: might even increase traffic through their site. Eventually I'll write CBC management about that.

No comments: