Tuesday, February 03, 2015

RIP Nina Bruck

My wife and I loved her and her poetry. Her chapbook, Still Light at Five O'Clock Raphael Bendahan and I published when she was 85 -- and I treasure my one remaining copy. She was a kind woman, serene in her whimsical intelligence and wisdom. All my condolences to her family and other friends.
Somehow, I deleted this post. A strange way to undo what can't be undone. I'll try again, with that same heavy heart:
BRUCK, NINAMAE (nee FINKELSTEIN),
Died peacefully at home in Montreal on February 1, 2015, at 92.
Nina was a poet, photographer, and open-hearted observer of the beauty, injustice, and oddness of life. We were lucky to have her love and her whimsical humour for so long.
Predeceased in 2013 by her husband, Gerald Bruck, she is survived by her sons, Jerry Jr. and David, her daughter Julie (Lewis Buzbee), and her adored grandchildren, Zoe and Jacob Bruck and Madeleine Buzbee, by her nieces and friends, and by her loyal caregivers during her last years, especially our dear Hermie Granados. 
At her request, there will be no funeral service. A memorial gathering of her family and friends will be planned in the coming months.
Donations in her memory can be made to Chez Doris (http://www.chezdoris.ca), or to the charity of your choice.

No comments: