Saturday, March 18, 2006

SURPRISE...

Jalina Mhyana, editor of Rock Salt Plum Review, dropped this little note into my inbox yesterday (and today, gave me permission to post it):

Hi Brian,

I've been spending some time on your blog, and I'm blown away. I love your clean, engaging writing style and your clarity of thought. I've been looking for a writer for a regular non-fiction column on RSP, and your four-part article "Does Poetry Matter?" would be an excellent starting point. Are you interested in adding your name and talent to RSP? Please let me know as soon as possible, and we can publish your article in this issue (it will probably be published in
a week). This issue has an interview with Li-Young Lee and some great poems. I hope you'll be interested!

Jalina

Needless to say, I've accepted. All this from a query for a poetry submission. Who knows where these things will lead!

P.S. Thanks A.D., Gina, Emily, et al. for your kind comments to the original post. I had to delete and repost it because it caused template problems in Explorer.

No comments: