Monday, May 15, 2006

When priorities sleep...

"When virtue sleeps, she wakes refreshed," said Nietzsche. So what about this elephant?

It was good to put more time (and some money) over the last two weeks where my mouth is: wrote/revised several poems (came up with at least one good one), did more send-outs. Also read most of William Carlos Williams' Selected, half a novel by Nicole Brossard, finished The Book of Secrets by Deepak Chopra (which I liked much better than Ageless Body, Timeless Mind, which, by the way, I reviewed, and more or less panned, here), much Hart Crane, and... we aquired a new feline, a year-old Tortoise-shell we call Misha, to fill in the bleak hole left by Pasha, the one who passed away. (Picture forthcoming...) And I am refreshed. Writing blog posts can be at times remarkably time-consuming... after spending about two precious hours serving the memory of memories of Ginsburg (pesky formatting problems unexpectedly prolonged that affair), I began to wonder whose priorities I was serving (certainly not mine), and decided I needed a break. Anyway. Back in the saddle. (Do elephants ride in saddles? We'll see in the months to come...)

No comments: