Tuesday, June 12, 2007

"Undressing the Night"/"Walkups" launch pics

I'm back from Edmonton and have plenty to report. But I also found in my mailbox these photos of last week's Montreal launch... so thought I'd share them first. Credit goes to Adrien Chevrot, Artiste-photographe.
Myself and Elizabeth Robert, reading from Lance Blomgren's Walkups (me, the English original, her, her French translation)

Above, myself and E.R. reading from Undressing the Night (me, my translation, her, the Spanish original)
Myself and Danielle Shelton, Editor-in-Chief of Adage Editions, reading from Walkups.
Yours truly, entertaining with some songs in the first intermission...
... and signing a book for a friend who had to leave early. I think this shot is especially cool, as it captures both my literary and musical selves, so rarely seen together, in one succinct image. Will definitely use on the website. It was taken from outside, through the cafe window.

Below, Marie-France Bancel (singer) & friends providing the second intermission's entertainment... mostly Brazilian bossa-nova. (Marie-France is also an excellent French-language writer and spoken word artist, by the way.)
Some of our audience at Le Depanneur Cafe.

Translators and Walkups publisher shot. We're all sweltering in the June 3 heat. The writers were in absentia for this event -- Francisco Santos, author of Undressing the Night, had family commitments in Toronto, and Lance Blomgren, author of Walkups... well, he lives in Vancouver. Nevertheless... "A good time was had by all", etc.


1 comment:

Nick said...

Great shots, Brian. Looks like a good time was had by all.