Thursday, June 09, 2005

I'm off...

Tonight I'm rolling down to Toronto, where I'll be taking part in the Canadian League of Poets' AGM for most of the weekend. I plan to be in my old hometown for a week. After the AGM (which is really a kind of poetry conference) I will be spending a lot of time with my mother, seeing my father in the Veteran's Hospital where he is spending his final days in an Alzheimer's ward, and finding emotional relief in the company of some old Toronto poet-friends.

For sure there will be an afternoon and evening wine-and-poetry get together with among others, Francisco Santos and Allen Sutterfield (aka ADZE), a Morelli-like figure (if you've read Julio Cortazar's Hopscotch, you'll know what I mean) who has appeared from time to time to time in this blog. That I'm especially looking forward to.

In the unlikely event that blogging fever overtakes me AND a computer with internet access happens to be standing by, there may be a post or two. Otherwise, bye bye until next Thursday....

No comments: